ADOPT A PET
Chesapeake Humane Society has many adoptable pets looking for their forever homes. Our cats are free-roaming within the Adoption Center so it’s easy to drop by to see their personalities. Most of our dogs reside in our Adoption Center while some reside in loving foster homes, please read their bios to see where they are located. Scroll down to view our adoptable pets on our Adopt-a-Pet feed or visit our Adopt-a-Pet page.
Our adoption fees (listed below) help to cover a fraction of the cost of providing food, shelter, and veterinary care for our adoptable pets. CHS does not profit from these adoption fees.
Kittens (Less than 1 year): $150, Cats: $75, Cats 9 years of age and older: $50 – includes spay/neuter, rabies vaccine and FVRCP vaccine appropriate to age, FIV/FeLV combo test, senior bloodwork for cats 9+, ProBNP for cats 9+, de-worming, flea/tick treatment, microchip and registration, and veterinary exam.
Puppies (Less than 1 year): $225, Dogs: $175, Dogs 7 years of age and older: $100 – includes spay/neuter, rabies vaccine, DHPP vaccine, and bordetella vaccine appropriate to age, senior bloodwork for dogs 7+, heartworm test and heartworm preventative (6 months of heartworm preventive for dogs over 10 months of age), de-worming, flea/tick treatment, microchip and registration, and veterinary exam.
Rabbits: $50 – includes spay/neuter, microchip and registration, and veterinary exam.
Small Animals/Birds: Fee varies by species
Animals with special medical care – prices vary
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Live in an apartment complex/rental that allows the breed, size, and quantity of pet they are interested in adoption OR own their own home and have less than the legal limit of animals allowed in their city/county.
- Agree not to declaw, crop ears, dock tail, or any other cosmetic procedures.
- Agree that all cats will be kept only indoors.
- Have all resident cats up to date on Rabies, FVRCP, and all resident dogs up to date on Rabies, DHPP, HW test, and on HW preventative.
- All people in the home must visit the pet.
- Proof of cage set up for rabbits, small animals, and birds.
ADOPTION CENTER LOCATION & HOURS
1149 New Mill Drive
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Tuesday: 12pm – 4pm
Thursday-Sunday: 12pm – 4pm
*Masks are not required but respected.