Please Note: Volunteer opportunities remain extremely limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, we are not onboarding new volunteers, and opportunities are limited for existing volunteers.
Getting started is easy! First, review our list of volunteer opportunities to see what interests you. Then complete our volunteer application and someone will be in touch to begin your volunteering journey.
- Must be 16 years or older to volunteer
- Those between ages 12-15 may volunteer alongside a parent or guardian, who is the primary volunteer.
- For select events, such as Bark in the Park, volunteers under the age of 16 may be able to volunteer without a parent or guardian and volunteers under the age of 12 may be able to volunteer alongside a parent or guardian.
- Volunteers should generally be able to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 6 months before applying.
- Upon completion of the info session and training, volunteers are encouraged to volunteer at least 5 hours/month (Party Animals excluded, see description for more information)
- Extra training is required for working in the cattery and extra training may be suggested for handling animals at our adoption events.
- Court ordered service is allowed only on a limited, space-available basis. Please e-mail our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to arrange.
- Groups are welcome to volunteer but should be prepared to propose idea of what they would like to do or what they can offer. Past groups have successfully hosted fundraisers; such as supply drives; created or constructed items for our cattery; planting our gardens or helping with periodic building maintenance and so on.