Founded in 1972, Chesapeake Humane Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is funded by private donors – we do not receive government subsidies. The Society supports the homeless and underserved animals of Chesapeake in the following ways:
• Providing low-cost veterinary services including spay/neuter, dental cleanings, soft tissue surgeries, and vaccination services
• Offering financial assistance to shelter animals and pets at risk of surrender in immediate medical need
• Serving on the Chesapeake Animal Services Advisory Board
• Lending countless volunteer hours to enhance the lives of shelter pets
• Operating an adoption program for dogs and cats which includes an on-site cattery, Petco adoption center, and foster care program
• Advertising adoptable pets through media and off-site adoption events
Our Mission is to promote the welfare of companion animals through programs and initiatives that reduce pet overpopulation, increase adoptions, and encourage responsible pet guardianship through affordable pet care.
Our Vision is to help pets and the people who love them find each other and stay together.